Monday, December 3, 2012

Sometimes you wonder why the f****

Sometimes you wonder "why the f**** did I ever volunteer for that".  What might I be speaking of you ask?  Why school fundraisers.  I voluteered to do my child's fall fundraiser this year in October and I am still dealing with the stupid thing.  People are still calling me about things, because they, and I am just as guilty, cannot follow instructions.
At the end of the fundraiser I sent out a flyer that told people to make a copy of their order forms and keep their originals.  Did this happen?  Only a few people understood these instructions.  The rest sent in the originals and then called me when they needed them back so that they could distribute their orders.  Now you may be saying, "but that doesn't sound like a big deal",  and in truth it is not but it just was the tip of the iceberg.
I also had a lady call me because she bought some caramels from a child who had gone door to door and she had paid him when she ordered and then again when the child delivered the item and told the husband that they still owed him money, so the husband paid the child again in cash.  When I called her back to talk with her she proceeded to yell at me over the phone because it apparently was my fault that she got conned by an elementary school child.  What made me almost laugh though was when I told the lady that unless she knew the child's name I really couldn't help her she told me, "I don't remember his name but he was small and had dark hair and I think he was in the 1st grade".  That only describes half the school. Good Grief!
So much more I could tell you about my school fundraising experience, but I will save that for some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment